Automation testing Using Selenium Webdriver
Being a software development firm that creates specialized User Centric Software for many sectors, we undergo a lot of development, testing, and deployment processes. One such product is known as Export Comments. With each release, the product team had trouble evaluating the general functioning of the product since it took a long time for the testers to manually check every little detail, which decreased the effectiveness of the testing process. They need a system that could improve release quality while speeding up the whole testing process.
The main challenge was to cut down on the time spent testing small features while still making sure the release was good. .
We finally decided to implement automation testing using Selenium WebDriver technology along with Python to automate the export comment testing process.
The following steps were implemented
- Step 1: The automation script was created using Selenium Webdriver technology and Python, which tested the export comment functionality.
- Step 2: The automation script was designed to handle negative test cases and general regression testing, ensuring that the quality of the build was maintained.
- Step 3: The script was also designed to generate a customized final report that included test case details such as test case ID, start time, end time, and results, which were exported as CSV and HTML files and shared with targeted users via email.
- Step 4: The automation script was designed to test the following functionalities:
- Homepage (scroll bar, content)
- Signup (Google)
- User comments
- User replies over the comment
- Delete comments
- Download comments
The implementation of automation testing using Selenium WebDriver technology and Python resulted in the following benefits for the product team:
- Increased efficiency: Automation testing reduced the time spent on testing minute functionalities, resulting in faster and more efficient testing.
- Quality was improved because the automation script was made to handle negative test cases and general regression testing. This kept the quality of the build up.
- Customized report: The automation script made a customised final report with details about each test case, such as the test case ID, start time, end time, and results. These details were exported as CSV and HTML files and sent to the right users via email.
- Targeted testing: The automation script was made to test the parts of the export comment feature that were unique to it. This made sure that the testing was targeted and relevant.
Overall, the implementation of automation testing using Selenium WebDriver technology and Python was a successful solution for the product team. It increased the efficiency of the testing process, improved the quality of the build, and provided targeted testing, resulting in a 30% to 50% reduction in testing time.